MY UNDERGRADUATE JOURNEY


MY UNDERGRADUATE JOURNEY
What keeps me going?

Hello! I haven’t been able to write due to school work. My life has taken a total new turn. Making new friends, eating out most times, having limited time to complete my work, lack of sleep, high level of stress, fear and anxiety wasn’t part of my usual life! Getting that admission letter made me so happy; didn’t really know what to expect. The happy girl was welcomed to the world of the unknown, where everything was different. I complained about everything because this new life required coming out of my comfort zone. Who knew I could adapt to a whole new system that was University life?

I would cry stylishly on my back home telling myself I can’t make it; I am going to drop out due to the high stress level being experienced. I complained about every single thing especially the long distance walk every day. My biggest fear was actually the fact that there was still a lot for me to read regarding my courses, whereas some students have gone further with the syllabuses; my best just seemed like it was not enough. On this special Wednesday, I attended a bible class at school and what they taught on was faith. That topic made me extremely delighted because that was all I needed, faith.

As usual, I had to wake up at midnight to read but unfortunately, my brain was worked up that night. This made me emotional again, and I began to cry, knowing I was lagging. Fortunately, my bible was beside me; I told God all my worries and requested for his direction. On opening the bible, I opened it to John 14, transforming me into a whole new person. This passage is my best; I couldn’t ask God for more. John 14 made me understand he has always been there and he won’t leave me an orphan
                John 14:1 let not your heart be troubled, ye believe in me, ye believe in God.

From that day on, I was feeling stress free. No more worries, fear or tears because John 14 was now part of me. That girl that walked in through the gate of the University scared turned into a strong lady. Certain people might fall into my category, just know you don’t have to worry; God is there, he is watching over us. Let the reading of John 14 and a close relationship with God, be part of your routine in life. Love you all.


 .


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts